Tjärö is a perfect destination for the whole family. The island located in Karlshamn's archipelago with boats departing from both Karlshamn and Järnavik. The trip from Järnavik takes about 15 minutes.
8 things to do
1. Sit down on a sun-warm rock and look out over Karlshamn's beautiful archipelago.
2. Stroll freely or walk along the two trails that allow you to discover the whole island. One of the routes runs north through a more hilly terrain over the rocks while the other takes you through the deciduous forest. The entire island is a nature reserve with exciting flora and abundant bird life, so just bring in the experience.
3. Bring your fishing equipment and try the fishing luck after roach or pike.
4. Paddle in the leafy archipelago, there are both canoe and kayak for rent.
5. Take a picnic basket and go ashore on a cape or island to enjoy the good.
6. Eat a freshly baked waffle or take a glass break on the pier before it is time to get ready for the evening's restaurant visit.
7. Sometimes it can be helpful to continue the afternoon and evening with a sauna bath. At Tjärö there is a wood-fired sauna raft at a buoy a bit out into the water you can rent. Would you rather be on dry land? There is a sauna in addition to that.
8. Did you know that there is a twelve-meter high cliff - Dödsklippan - to dive or jump away? Do you dare to face the challenge? It can be worth mentioning that everything happens at your own risk, but many have had an adrenaline rush here. Do you want an insider tip? Put on the socks before you jump, it sticks less under the soles of the feet at the impact then.
Scenic and wherever you are in Tjärö it is free Wi-Fi.
Stay at Tjärö
At Tjärö you can stay in double or multi-bed rooms. It is also possible to book your own cottage right on the seafront. The environment is from the 18th and 19th centuries with small red cottages and white knots. All the houses are idyllically located in a small village in the middle of the island. Book here - Tjärö Hotell & Vandrarhem or by phone +4645460063
At Tjärö, the food is really the focus, it serves pure, clean flavours that are carefully cooked. Ecologist and nutritious from morning to evening, breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the guest harbour, you can enjoy freshly baked waffles with jam and cream or good ice cream and coffee. There is also a kiosk with a little bit and gone. Shrimp sandwich and butter bread, waffle, soft ice cream, pastries and cakes are served in the café.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.