Tjurkö Church - The church, in the middle of the island, was originally built for the Crown work corps by recruits from its own ranks in 1876.
It was placed in the centre of the stonecutting workshop on the estate. The islanders could also attend worship services. At the end of the 1920s the congregation was allowed to take over the church, on the condition that it be moved to another location. The church council accepted and the church was carefully dissembled and rebuilt at its present location. A church wall was added, and the church received a simple tower with its own church bell. It was re-consecrated by Bishop Edvin Rodhe.