- enjoy the proximity of the sea or the quiet calm of the forest
Whether you enjoy staying at the beach or prefer the tranquility in the forest, there are plenty of cottages to rent in Blekinge. The biggest advantage of staying in a cottage is that you are taking care of yourself and can cook just when you feel like it. Simply an affordable way to get closer to nature while having all the comforts within reach.
Lovely idylls in the countryside.
Unlike twenty years ago, today's cottages are usually in better condition than before. The standard has gradually increased and thereby also the requirements for location, internet, shower and toilet. At the same time, demand for unique accommodation options is increasing. Tree houses, secluded cottages on an island and even underwater rooms show up everywhere in Sweden, not often as a result of attractive - and unique - activities far beyond the highways.
Anricks Sjöbod at Tjärö means an accommodation right on the shore.
Stay in the wilderness
In Blekinge, the Eriksbergs Hotel & Nature Reserve has recently renovated an old cottage from the 19th century where guests are invited to a life completely without running water (there is water in big plastic can), toilet (there is an outdoor toilet) and electricity and lighting. It is therefore necessary to bring power banks (to charge mobile phones and cameras) and a pair of really good binoculars when the cottage is located in the middle of the area among Europeen bisons, follow deers, red deers and lots of wild boar. To name a few.
Kyrkesta dating back to the 18th century. Eriksberg Hotel & Nature Reserve.
This is an exciting way for us to be able to arrange unique experiences among the animals in a cottage with centuries-old traditions, ”says Åsa Olsson at Eriksberg.
Marie Andersson (the last resident woman at Kyrkesta) left the cottage as late as the seventies, and since then the cottage has had a sleepy life beside the safari trail, where guests during the summer months (with their own car) can enjoy Swedish safari in the heart of the Blekinge wilderness. Checking in at Kyrkesta is the same as going at least fifty years back in time. The beds are of course much more comfortable than before and the breakfast (if you choose that supplement) is served in the restaurant at the main building where you can also take a shower.
Cook your own coffee at the wood stove in the old kitchen.
I never think that I slept as good as last night, says Hilda (10 years old) when we sum up the night at Kyrkesta while at the same time as Europeen bisons are visible in the forest.
Anyone who has been on safari in Africa can easily remember the happiness to see wild animals. Don´t forget camera, the notebook and really good binoculars.
Close to the sea & the lake
While Eriksberg makes fantastic meetings with wildlife possible, the Blekinge archipelago gives unique opportunities to live close to the water. Rent a cottage via Airbnb or check in on Booking.com and look for attractive locations on the islands. Thanks to web portals, ordinary cottageowners can rent a room or the whole cottage.
The proximity to the sea - or a lake in the forest - makes the cottage experience bigger.
Stay at the campsite
A phenomenal way to take part of the archipelago (for those who do not own their own cottage) without costing to much. In addition, more and more campers are starting to build nice cabins (with good standard) as a complement to the classic camping sites.
Jenny Grönlund runs Tredenborgs camping in Sölvesborg.
- We notice that cottages with their own shower and toilet are the type of accommodation that is most popular. The demand is very high and I dream of that in the future we will be able to offer lots of good quality cottages, says Jenny Grönlund who runs Tredenborgs Camping in Sölvesborg, which this summer presents a completely new concept: glamping.
- It is certainly not cottages, but still a fantastic accommodation where you can hear the birds' twitter on the other side of the canvas, says Jenny Grönlund who really want to offer good accommodation in Sölvesborg. This is only the beginning!
The cottages are beautifully situated among birchs and close to the sea.
Small cottages in a lovely close to sea environment. Dragsö camping.
Nice comfortable cottages at Dragsö camping.
Five outstanding cottages to rent in Blekinge.
• Kyrkesta at Eriksberg. www.eriksberg.nu phone: +46 (0)454- 56 43 00.
• The cottages suites at Dragsö Camping, Karlskrona. www.dragso.se Phone +46 (0)455-153 54.
• Architect designed house in Holmsjö north of Karlskrona. www.svenskasemesterhus.se
• Beachcottage by the sea. Karlskrona. Ann-Charlotte Karlsson, phone+ 46- (0)73-417 47 78.
• "The milkroom" Mjölkrummet at Agdatorp, Nättraby. www.agdatorp.se phone +46 (0)72-719 60 80.