Sillhövda Kyrka

Sillhövda Church - the church in Holmsjö was opened 9 December 1945.

Beskrivning

Since the parish had been without a church for six years, since the old one burned down on 19 May 1940. The church's finest inventory is medieval altarpiece from about the year 1480 and is the oldest of Blekinge. The middle part consists of a representation of the Virgin Mary's heavenly coronation. Side by side is God the Father as heavenly King and Mary as Queen of Heaven both with crown on his head. Next to Mary is Christ without crown but with glory crown of the head, the wreath that never fades. The pulpit is of oak with symbols of God's Word through the ages. The baptismal font is in granite from Backaryd and came 1945th The bell tower of the old church was saved by the fire and have moved out of the cemetery.

Tillfällen (<% occasionResult.length %>)