Torhamns kyrkaAddress: Torhamnsvägen, 373 00 Torhamn Show map
Address: Torhamnsvägen, 373 00 Torhamn
Torhamn's Church -- The church was built and consecrated in 1885. It then replaced a medieval church.
The church building was designed by architect H. Zetterwall. Only a few fixtures from the medieval church are preserved in the new church: from the pulpit in 1633, the two wooden sculptures Faith and Hope, which is probably part of an old reredos, chandeliers and altar plate.
The church is best known for artist Gunnar Torhamns altarpiece, a mural from 1950, depicting Christ among the farmers and fishermen in the township. The organ was built in 1935 by Hammarberg's organ building, but the facade and single pipes are from a Schiörlinorgel from the late 1700s.